Step by Step Guide to Letting With Us
Adding A Property To Propertyhop.co.uk
To add your own property to our site and track the selling process you will need to register. To do this you will need access to a valid email address, as correspondence, including your password, will be sent there.
- Select 'Register' from the top right corner of the screen
- Enter your First Name, Surname and email address
An email will then be sent to you with your password, keep a note of this password as you will need it to log in in future, although there is an option to change it in the Admin section, once you have logged in for the first time.
You can now log in, which you will need to do to add your property details. To do this:
- Select 'Log In' from the top right corner of the screen
- Enter your email address
- Enter the password in the format it was sent to you
Before you add your property to let make sure you have the following:
- Photos of your property and rooms accessible from the computer you are using
- Description of the property
- Measurements of the rooms and ideas of what to use as descriptions
- Your chosen Letting Option
- Details of how you intend to pay
- Pen and paper - in case you need to make any additional notes for your self
The best place to start to add your property is the Home Page
- If you are not already logged in do so now
- Select 'List Your Property'
- Select 'Add New Property'
- Complete the address using upper and lower case. Only the first line of the address is needed, then select the town from the drop down.
- Select the area and type of property
- Enter the property value, no need to add comma as this will appear automatically
- Enter a detailed description of the property using the guidelines from our Hints & Tips for Letting page. Remember to check the spelling and grammar.
- Select the number of bedrooms in the property
- Select Save Property
You will now automatically be moved to the 'Images' tab where you will add your photos
You should already have your pictures stored to your computer somewhere.
- Select Browse
- Find the photo of the front of the property, click on it and select 'open'
- Select 'Upload Image' note: some photos may take longer than others to load
Repeat this process until all of your photos have been uploaded
Once you have finished move to the next tab 'Rooms'
You are now going to add details of each room within the property including measurements and a small description, highlighting any features if applicable
- Select 'Add New Room'
- Enter the room name in upper and lower case eg Living Room
- Click in the Room Size box and enter the measurements of the room
- Click in the Description box and add details of any additional features using the guidelines from our Hints & Tips for Lettingpage. Remember to check the spelling and grammar.
- Select 'Save Room Details'
Repeat this process until all rooms are added
You can ignore the 'Offers' tab although you will refer to this later when you wish to review the progress of the letting of the property. Move to after payments tab
Select the 'Pricing/Payments' tab
This is where you must confirm your chosen option - 1,2 or 3. You should already have read the full description of each option and decided which was right for you. If you have chosen Option 2 or 3 you do not need to click any of the additional features as these are automatically included in your option. If you have chosen Option 1 you now need to tell us which additional features you wish to add.
- Select Option 1, 2 or 3 by clicking on the drop down box and then on your chosen option
- If you have chosen Option 1 then tick the additional features you wish to add
- Select 'Save Pricing Details'
You have now added your property for rent. Your Personal Property Manager will be in contact within 1 working day. Before your property can be listed for rent we must verify the information and ensure that it complies with the Property Misdescriptions Act. An EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) must also be completed - we can arrange this for you or you can arrange your own, depending on the options you have chosen above. Finally we will require photographic identification and proof of address (ie a utility bill) as confirmation that you are the true owner of the property. Photocopies are acceptable. This can be posted to us at 299 Ormeau Road, Belfast, BT7 3GG or scanned and emailed to email@example.com